I am glad you arrived on this blog because you are interested in consuming less.
The idea of Consume Less Life was born in Singapore, 15 September 2020.
The primary purpose of this blog is to attempt to encourage you to consume less. Consuming less has multiple benefits such as saving money, saving the planet and keeping your life simple.
All the content in Consume Less Life will be provided free without any paywall or ads.
Consume Less Life believes that the majority of social media platforms and paid advertising is a net negative to society so we will not be using most forms of social media** or spending money to promote this website.
**We might use a subreddit as a forum and use YouTube to post some videos
Any excessive profits made on this blog will be donated to charity.
Short Term Goals
- Make enough money within 5 years to cover the costs (hosting fees, domain renewal, electronic hardware, etc) of running Consume Less Life
Long Term Goals
- Be one of the top content providers on consuming less.
- Have a local and worldwide impact on lowering consumption and waste
- Earn a living wage from the profits of Consume Less Life. A percentage of profits will be donated to charity.
Monetizing Consume Less Life
Blogs usually monetize their content by running advertisements, writing sponsored content or selling products via their affiliate or referral links.
The way I will be attempting to monetize this site would be utilizing Affiliate, Referral Fees and Sponsored Content.
I will not be activating display ads on my site as most of the time, advertisements exploit consumer psychology to encourage you to purchase items that you do not really need.
I will vet through and only work with parties on writing sponsored content that reflect the ideology of consuming less or can bring value to my readers.
As for affiliate and referral links, I will write down my reviews and experiences on the products and services that I have personally used and liked.
I would like to emphasize that you should only purchase the items and services mentioned or recommended on this website if you really need them.
Such content should make up less than
5% 25% of all of the content I will push out.
Please refer here under Affiliate, Referral Fees and Sponsored Content for more information.
How should you start?
- Download an Ad Blocker plugin like Origin uBlock for your browser or download a privacy browser like FireFox, Brave, DuckDuckGo or FireFox Focus (for mobile) to protect your privacy and yourself from ads.
- Read my introduction post here
- Join my telegram channel, just bookmark this blog (click here then press Ctrl + D) to read my posts as and when you are free to do so
- Start with “Breaking The Marketer’s Code”, more chapters are currently a work in progress
- Start being conscious about consuming less and share knowledge to encourage the people around you to consume less